Version 11: A Little Night Magic
- 2-column centered floated layout
- Two columns for content
- One huge image, sliced in half; top half became the header, bottom half became the content background
- Displaying image slices behind content divs
- Using LJMagpie to import network updates from Livejournal
- This is my absolute favorite layout I've ever done, and much of the reason is the beautiful, whimsical image.
- I had to do a lot of code trickery (and some screaming at the computer screen, LOL) to get the sliced-up image to display correctly behind the content, but it finally worked out!
- Unlike version 10, I didn't end up using any icons for navigation this time, because they made this layout feel more cluttered.
- This design's title is a riff on the musical A Little Night Music.
- Due to a hard drive crash in late 2011, I lost all the files for this layout...that is, until March 2016, when I discovered the image files and much of the code still available through the Internet Archive Wayback Machine! Huzzah!