Version 15: Passionate Light
- Absolutely centered title and navigation
- Absolutely positioned divs at bottom left and top right
- Hidden clickable divs for colleagues, joined sites, and featured sites
- Using CSS' linear-gradient property for the background colors
- Implementing text-shadow EVERYWHERE
- Hiding and showing divs with a jQuery animated collapse script
- Absolutely centering things with just CSS
- Implementing Google Fonts (what a lifesaver!)
- This design is deceptively simple-looking; it actually took a lot of CSS and jQuery tricks to make this one come alive, as noted in the Credits list.
- The layout's title, "Passionate Light," is my favorite phrase in the English language. (No idea why, just always has been!)
- After learning about Google Fonts, I quite happily dispensed with the cumbersome @font-face rule that I had implemented in version 14. BYE FELICIA!!! ROFL
- What started the ball rolling for this design: the animated collapse script in use over at a dear Internet friend's site. When I saw that, I just HAD to find out how that was done. That led to Googling and learning more tricks, which led to this design!
- I love the background gradient of blue to green to white--it makes me think of being underwater and looking up at the sky through the water's surface.