After 2 years of being suuuuper lazy, I finally fixed up this site, adding TONS of illustrative images and rewording content where necessary. Let me know what y’all think (and if you find any code bugs I still need to squish, let me know that, too xD)!
This site was a HUGE challenge for me to accomplish, especially with all the heartache of my mother’s worsening illness over the last year, culminating in her passing in April. I honestly didn’t know if I’d ever feel like making anything creative ever again. I also struggled with HOW to do this site; it kept suffering from “wiki-itis” as I simply retyped horrible boring lists of basic info I found in my research. I often felt trapped somewhere between “informing viewers ABOUT the world” and “using the info to ANALYZE the world.”
Thus, this little site would not be possible without the aid of these fine folks:
- Sophia (superpowered beta reader)
- Crystal & nyxmidnight (formatting specialists)
- Chibi & Wolfrun (cheerleaders extraordinaire)
With their help, I was finally able to break out of “wiki-itis” and create a fitting tribute to the world of Animal Crossing, with full-bodied descriptions, analyses, and even the use of music in unexpected ways. It blossomed nearly overnight, from an embarrassment to something approaching a magnum opus. It’s not just a site about Animal Crossing’s world anymore, but a site about our OWN world, too, by extension…I’m still amazed that any of this came out of my head when my brain cells have been so scattered! But as with most of my sites, this was truly a group effort and I’m so happy I tried this. ♥ ♥ ♥
This little site now has a new(ish) layout design, with a new color scheme and lots (LOTS) of little polishing touches! (I plugged my WIP on Discord last night and finalized everything today!)
I’m so glad to be finally content with this layout…it only took me a year and some change to figure out that the image of Dove needed to be the lightest and brightest thing in the design! Once I realized that, then the darker color scheme quickly took shape, and I started getting more excited to fix other things about the layout. Now the code has also been updated and some writing has been tidied up as well! WOO! (Just goes to show you how a little spark of inspiration can set my whole mind ablaze with productivity!)
After 2 years and several (SEVERAL) revisions, this little site is finally ready to show off! What was once a tiny site of 5 pages has now been rewritten and expanded with 5 brand-new articles to round out the content, including an introduction to Olaf as a character. I think I’ve finally nailed everything I wanted to say about Olaf and why I find so much to love about his character in the film!
(Fun facts: I actually had this revamp technically done on the 20th, but I waited a couple of days to see if I wanted to add anything more before officially plugging it here…also, I am still open to suggestions, especially about design choices!)
My first official project of 2017 is complete! What was once “Elusive Enchanter” has been reborn and completely overhauled as Ephemera, a much better fansite for my favorite little Pokemon.
The site now features:
- All-new seven-part info section about Clefairy in the anime & games
- Expanded mythology articles
- Larger poetry section, with five original poems inspired by Clefairy
- Expanded music article and broadened song selection (each song has its own page now)
- Images to enhance and illustrate content
- Completely redesigned layout, including two tricks I’ve never tried before: a shimmery text effect in the top bar (thanks to Masao for helping me debug!!) and a partially-transparent cloud image floating atop the layout.
Check it out and let me know what you think!
(I am also still trying to make the shimmer text effect work in IE, to no avail–I have tried some fallback styles but I don’t think I’m doing them right. Any advice is greatly appreciated, as always!)
Hey, cool, I did manage to update again before the end of the year! LOL
After scanning through the Visionary Sphere Network, I’ve come up with a list of things I’ll be doing (hopefully) in the coming year. Doing this month-by-month list really helped with motivation this year, so I’m counting on its continued success in 2017!
Overall 2017 Goals
- January: Redesign/overhaul Elusive Enchanter
- February: Write more articles for Absentia
- March: Update The Impossible Dream (Google Fonts, more articles)
- April: Gather pictures for Something Good‘s plot summary
- May: Rework Novel Progress (new info, better scripts)
- June: Write articles for Something Good
- July: Improve Classes‘ page layout
- August: Gather pictures for Absentia
- September: Rework College Knowledge (CMS, pre-made responsive layout)
- October: Add more playlists to WMW.org Radio
- November: Update Skies over Atlas (Google Fonts, revisions)
- December: Update The Gamer’s Repose (Google Fonts, revisions)
YAY! After almost two years, I have finally gone back and polished up this site!
- Google Fonts, Google Fonts EVERYWHERE
- Intra-site navigation at the bottom of every content page
- New 200 x 40 button
- Complete content review/revision
- Better content formatting (no more long-winded lists!!!!!!!)
Check it out and see what you think! 😀
Hooray! Another November Nouveau, because apparently all my productivity has come back in droves!
Today, I bring you a small revamp:
This little site didn’t need any work on its content, so I was able to just shine up and polish the design. Now armed with Google Fonts, better color selections, and some formatting changes, this site hopefully reads and looks much better! 😀
Thanks to a random surge of energy, I completed the first of hopefully many “November Nouveau” edits here at WMWorg just a few minutes ago! Here’s what I did:
This little site was one of the first fansites I built when I got into the Amassment community, and while I felt it was already a good site, I did have a couple things I wanted to tidy up. Those “couple of things” ended up being a lot more in-depth than I thought (LOL), but the site is SO much better off because of it. Check it out and see what you think!!
Whew, it’s November already! I still have a couple of projects in the hopper for 2016, but here’s what I’ve accomplished this year so far:
- Revamped: Something Good (Oct 2016)
- Revamped: Love You to the Moon (Sep 2016)
- Republished: Narratives (Aug 2016)
- New Design: withinmyworld.org (entire network) (Jul 2016)
- Republished: Living Words (Jul 2016)
- Started: Absentia (April 2016)
- Revamped: News Blog (Mar 2016)
- Revamped: Disguises (Mar 2016)
- Launched: Counterbalance (Mar 2016)
- Launched: Good Ol’ Ev! (Feb 2016)
- Launched: Well-Thumbed (Feb 2016)
- Launched: Love You to the Moon (Jan 2016)
Wow, I didn’t think I’d accomplished QUITE that much this year, but it’s been a busy 10 months at WMWorg! March was my most productive month, though–weird!
Looking ahead, this is what I plan for November and December:
- Select Google Fonts for: Good Ol’ Ev!, College Knowledge, Inexhaustible Peace, Unspend, Gifted, Declutter, & The Impossible Dream
- Finish Absentia
- (Time Permitting) Redesign and Retitle Elusive Enchanter
- (Time Permitting) Redesign College Knowledge
Whew, looks like a lot of work (and it probably will be, not going to lie), but I’m excited about it too–I’m not going to actively build any new sites or do any huge revamps in November, so I’m going to be able to do more little tasks around the domain. Check back for updates!