So, I’ve been racking my brain for a week trying to figure out how to redesign my novel page, and I finally did it!!!
LOOK AT THIS AMAZINGNESS!!! I can’t believe that I made something so elegant!
Actually, I had a lot of help–I wanted an update-able progress bar (i.e., something I didn’t have to create new in Photoshop every time I updated my book), and after a few seconds of Google searching, I found HTML5Doctor’s writeup of the <progress> tag, which showed how to use and style a progress bar. Then I checked the W3Schools article for a little bit more help, and that’s all I needed!
Anyhow, now my novel page is happily in the 21st century and easy to update. *commence ridiculous amounts of celebrating*